Elections and Nominations
By volunteering their time and energy, ESA members fulfill vital leadership roles within the Society, making important decisions and carrying out essential functions as stated in the ESA Bylaws. These roles are filled either through formal elections by the membership or by Governing Board and membership concurrence.
All officers and representatives on the Governing Board are elected by the full membership through annual elections, as well as Section secretaries and members of the Certification Board and Publications Council.
In addition, there is an annual process by which members and Vice Chairs of ESA's standing committees are appointed. For the nomination procedures for standing committees, please click here.
Note that July 1st is the deadline for a member to join or renew their ESA membership in order to be eligible to participate in ESA's national elections. Members must have a valid email address in ESA's database to vote.
For information regarding ESA's elections, please select from the following items:
- Society Officers and Governing Board Representatives
- Certification Board
- Publications Council
- Medical, Urban and Veterinary Entomology Section Officers
- Physiology, Biochemistry, and Toxicology Section Officers
- Plant-Insect Ecosystems Section Officers
- Systematics, Evolution, and Biodiversity Section Officers
- Eastern Branch Officers
- International Branch Officers
- North Central Branch Officers
- Pacific Branch Officers
- Southeastern Branch Officers
- Southwestern Branch Officers