ESA Science Policy Fellows Class of 2014
- Dr. Marianne Alleyne, a research scientist in the Department of Entomology at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign;
- Dr. Anders S. Huseth, a postdoctoral associate in the Department of Entomology at Cornell University;
- Dr. Jamin Dreyer, a postdoctoral researcher in the Department of Entomology at the University of Kentucky;
- Dr. Rayda K. Krell, an independent consultant specializing in entomological and agricultural communications;
- Ms. Ariel Rivers, a dual-title doctoral candidate at Pennsylvania State University, studying entomology and international agriculture and development.
Highlights of their service include:
- 2014 ESA Annual Meeting training workshop
- May 2015 trip to Capitol Hill where the Fellows met with a combined total of 32 House and Senate offices (see this Entomology Today post from May 2015 for details).
- October 2015 trip to Washington where the Fellows met with federal and non-federal entitites of interest to entomologists including USDA-NIFA, NSF, NIH, FFAR, and the National Academies.
- 2015 ESA Annual Meeting training workshop
- May 2016 trip to Washington DC (with the SPF class of 2015), meeting with over 30 congressional offices from 11 states
- November 2016 trip to meet with federal agencies and NGOs