Field Biologist - Mosquito Control - Western US
We are Clarke; a global environmental products and services company. For more than 60 years, the companies of Clarke have been setting an unparalleled standard of excellence in the mosquito control industry. With its expansion into global public health as well as aquatic services, today Clarke seeks to make communities around the world more livable safe and comfortable. We are committed to three passions; innovation, community and sustainability.
We’re seeking an independent, self-motivated, detail oriented, and articulate biologist or entomologist with a passion for travel, field work and key customer partnerships to join us in our mission.
Clarke’s Field Biologist develops and maintains customer relationships though customer site visits and by providing and sharing technical, mechanical, and operational expertise and guidance. Duties will include coordination of field trials and resistance testing, preparation of reports, and presentation of field trial and resistance testing information to customers and at industry events.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs field research and related activities to support: application and assessment of mosquito adulticides, larvicides, and pupacides, characterization and calibration of application equipment, deployment and retrieval of meteorological and surveillance equipment, and detailed data recording.
- Maintains field trial data and coordinates the transfer of data from field research sites to departmental center. Includes correct transfer, maintenance, and storage utilizing appropriate software.
- Responsible for aspects of written reports including but not limited to project methodology, data interpretation, and environmental influences.
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing teams; providing scientific support in the launch of new products as well as in the support of existing proprietary products in Clarke’s portfolio.
- Provide field support to the Product Development team as necessary for new product field trials.
- Acts as a technical liaison to the market and to the industry.
- Maintains departmental equipment and supplies inventory, inventory control, and storage.
- Manages chemical storage to meet OSHA, Federal, State, and Local laws and requirements.
- Coordinates the shipment or transfer of chemical, equipment and other supplies necessary for projects and field activities.
- Work closely with own manager as well as regional sales management and team to plan seasonal projects, develop project equipment and supply requirements, and mitigate damage and loss.
- Provide direction to seasonal interns as assigned.
- Responsible for making sure that safe work practices and procedures are followed by department personnel and that all operations and department activities are in compliance with all local, state and federal regulations as they apply to health, safety and the environment
- Assists with emergency services and business development efforts as necessary.
- B.S. in entomology, biology, environmental science, agribusiness, or related field with a minimum of 2 years of related laboratory or field research experience.
- Experience with biological research techniques, statistical analysis, a working knowledge of chemistry and general laboratory procedures.
- Experience in mosquito research and/or mosquito control is desired.
- Computer proficiency and aptitude related to data collection and interpretation, report writing and presentation.
- Ability to interpret scientific reports, including but not limited to probability and statistical inference, and effectively utilize information in performance and management of job duties.
- Highly organized, self-starter, with ability to work independently, think critically, and to apply learnings in the development of skills, competencies, and contributions to team.
- Ability to effectively partner and support teambuilding efforts with employees, management, department and cross-functional initiatives to meet performance objectives and support the mission and vision of the Company.
Significant travel (sometimes for extended periods of time) and field work is required of the Field Biologist. This position will support the sales and market activity in the West Region. Candidates who are not currently located in geographic proximity to the region can expect a higher degree of travel and may be required to relocate to the region upon hire or shortly thereafter. Relocation assistance will be provided.
Compensation & Benefits: We offer an outstanding compensation and benefits package (including bonus, comprehensive medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, 401k and profit sharing).
To Apply: click here http://clarke.submit4jobs.com/index.cfm?cid=85313