Plant-Insect Ecosystem (P-IE) Integrated Pest Management Team Award
Overview: Presented by P-IE, Dow AgroSciences Integrated Pest Management Team Award recognizes the successful efforts of a collaborative team approach to pest control. A trophy is presented to each team member during the Monday afternoon P-IE Networking Session during the annual ESA Meeting.
Eligibility: Priority is given, but not limited, to small teams (defined as having 10 or fewer members) and must include entomologists from both the private and public sectors. The focus of the award is teamwork and project success, and should be aligned with the subject matter of the Plant-Insect Ecosystems Section. At least one of the members of the team must be an ESA-P-IE section member.
Nomination Requirements: Nominations may be made by anyone. Nomination packages for this award must include:
- Letter of nomination that provides a brief explanation of how the team members excelled in performing their duties.
- Summary of the IPM project and its impact and success.
- Background Information of Each Team Member to be included with the cv:
- Nominee Name
- Contact Information: Provide nominee mailing address, e-mail address, and telephone number.
- Affiliation: Place of work, study, or other appropriate affiliation.
- Current Professional or Academic Title
- Appointment Split: For academic positions, list percentage of appointment dedicated to all relevant categories (e.g., research, teaching, extension and administration).
- Educational Background: List degrees, institutions, and years received.
- Relevant Employment: Include employer, location, nominee title, and years of employment.
- Memberships and Affiliations: Relevant professional memberships and additional affiliations such as adjunct faculty status.
- Awards and Honors: Title of relevant award or honor, bestowing institution, and year bestowed. Please exclude grants or contracts here. Significant elected positions also may be listed here.
- Contribution to the Team: Short description (no more than 2-3 sentences) of the individual’s contribution
4. Research Related to the Team’s Project
- Research Publications: Include refereed publications, review articles, books written or edited, book chapters, technical reports, and appropriate non-refereed publications.
- Research Support: If applicable, list grants, gifts, and contracts. Include project titles, sources of funds, amounts, years, and nominee's roles as principal investigator (e.g. primary, secondary, minor, etc.).
- Numbers of Graduate Students and Postdoctoral Associates Educated (for nominees with academic appointments): Numbers in each category (Master's, doctoral, and postdoctoral) can be provided. Please do not provide names.
- Research Oral and Poster Presentations: List invited presentations, including seminars and symposia, and submitted presentations, including professional meetings and conferences.
- Patents: If available and applicable, provide relevant patent title, number, year, and any additional information.
The nominator should submit the nomination packet via the P-IE Award Nomination website following these guidelines:
- The entire nomination package must not exceed 25 pages. Font size for text may not be smaller than 10 point.
- Only the following file formats will be accepted: PDF (Adobe Portable Document Format), RTF (Rich Text Format), TIF graphic files, or JPG graphic files. Files created on either PC or MAC platforms will be accepted. Please make sure scanned images can be clearly read on a computer screen.
- A nomination package may contain no more than 6 separate files, and the size of each file must not exceed 3 MB. It is preferable to incorporate all documents into one file.
Nomination packages must be received via the P-IE Award Nomination website by July 1, 2017.
Any questions regarding this award can be directed to the P-IE Awards Committee Chair - Chris Sansone - email@example.com
Nominees/candidates will be judged using the following criteria for a total of 110 points:
1. Criteria(80 points total)
1. Clearly uses expertise from public and private sectors (10)
2. Strength of collaboration (10)
3. Recentness of accomplishment (last 4 years) (10)
4. Directly related to IPM and aligned to the Plant-Insect Ecosystems Section (10)
5. Quality of research (10)
6. Originality of research (10)
7. Recommendations from colleagues, peer groups, etc. (10)
8. Interpretation of results (10)
2. Impact of research findings(select one, up to 30 points total)
1. Minor (1)
2. Moderate (5)
3. Important (10)
4. Great (20)
5. Outstanding (30)
Any team nominated, but not selected, may be renominated as many as two times within the two-year period after the initial submission. Nominators must resubmit packages to the P-IE Award Nominationwebsite as described.