Plant-Insect Ecosystems (P-IE) Lifetime Achievement Award in Entomology
(formerly known as P-IE Legends of Entomology Award)
The P-IE Lifetime Achievement in Entomology Award recognizes the career of an entomologist who has greatly contributed to the advancement or promotion of entomology, and has been an inspiration to others. The award, consisting of an inscribed plaque, is presented at the Monday afternoon P-IE Networking Session during the annual ESA Meeting. Recipients are expected to attend the session to receive the award. To facilitate attendance, awardees will receive a travel stipend of $ 1,000 and waiver of registration to the ESA meeting.
Eligibility: Anyone with at least 20 years of experience as an entomologist is eligible to be nominated. Nominations can be made by anyone.
Nomination Requirements: Submit a letter of nomination which includes:
- Nominee Name:
- Professional or Academic Title:
- Contact Information: Mailing address, e-mail address and telephone number
- Current or Former Affiliation if Retired: Place of work or other appropriate affiliation.
- Relevant Employment: Locations, titles, and years of employment.
- Awards and Honors: Awards and honors and bestowing institutions. Please exclude grants and contracts. Significant elected positions may be listed.
- Entomology Contributions and Impact to a P-IE disciplinary area ((http://www.entsoc.org/governance/other/sections/pie): Short description of the nominee’s contributions that can include numbers of graduate students and post-doctoral associates advised/mentored; significant achievements (economic/scientific impact); numbers of research publications, presentations, or grants; and service to the Entomological Society of America.
The nomination letter should be three or fewer pages in length. The curriculum vita, if attached, is excluded from the page limit. Font size for text may not be smaller than 10 points.Only PDF files will be accepted. Supporting image files should be embedded into the document and should be of sufficient resolution for easy viewing. The nominator should submit the nomination packet via the P-IE Award Nomination website.
Nomination packages must be received via the P-IE Award Nomination website by July 1, 2017.
Any questions regarding this award can be directed to the P-IE Awards Committee Chair - Chris Sansone - email@example.com
Nominations will be judged using the following criteria for a total of 100 points:
- Entomology accomplishments relevant to a P-IE disciplinary area (50 points)
- Impact of entomology achievements (25 points)
- Leadership and service in entomology (25 points)
Renomination: Any candidate nominated but not selected may be renominated. Nominators must resubmit the nomination via the P-IE Award Nomination website.