Application and Selection: Up to 25 P-IE Section members will be selected to participate in the tour.
- Applicants must be ESA and P-IE Section members at the time of application submission.
- Successful application submision will be confirmed upon receipt.
- The P-IE Pollinator Committee, P-IE Governing Council, and Field Tour Organizers will select attendees who represent diverse geographic and discipline sectors, and include both professionsals and students.
- Applicants will be informed of selection by March 31, 2017.
- Please direct any questions regarding the application process or submission form to Diane Alston.
- Upon notification of selection, P-IE members attendees will be provided instructions for payment of registration fees.
- Registration and payment will be completed via a secured link with use of a credit card.
- Registration cost is $500 per person.
- Registration will include hotel reservations for two nights, meals, and bus transportation to tour locations in Mississippi.
- Attendees are responsible for their own travel arrangements, including cost of airfare and travel to the hotel for the start of the tour.
- Registration fees are non-refundable unless your slot can be filled by another applicant. If so, your registration will be refunded in full. The selection committee will identify alternate applicants in case any selected individuals must withdraw after submission of the registration fee.
- Deadline for registration and payment of fees will be early April 2017.
- The P-IE Section will cover registration and cost of airfare, not to exceed $500, for one student member and one early career professional member. View award details and requirements.
Tour Specifics: Taking place August 22-24, 2017
- Tuesday, August 22, 2017: Fly into Jackson-Medgar Wiley Evers International Airport in Jackson, MS in time for a 6:00 PM Welcome Reception at the starting hotel - Holiday Inn & Suites located 6 miles from the airport (hotel shuttle and taxis are available).
- Wednesday, August 23 and Thursday, August 24, 2017: Tour events in Mississippi Delta Agricultural Region with a Wednesday night stay in Cleveland, MS (Hampton Hotel).
- Thursday, August 24, 2017: Bus returns to Jackson, MS in time for evening airline departures. Bus will also return to the Holiday Inn & Suites and registrants will be provided information on making hotel accommodations for this night on their own to facilitate Friday morning airlines departures.
- View the complete description of Field Tour activities.
- All final local arrangements will be clearly outlined and defined at the time of registration and payment is required.
- This will be an intimate event with no more than 50 total participants.
- 25 policy stakeholders from agriculture/pollinator related groups and 25 P-IE Section members. All attendees will be required to remain together on the tour bus for the duration of the event.
Please direct any questions regarding local arrangements or general Field Tour questions to Melissa Siebert or Rayda Krell.