Pacific Branch John Henry Comstock Award (pass-through award)
This award recognizes an outstanding Pacific Branch graduate student in entomology. The award is to promote interest in entomology at the graduate level and to stimulate interest in attending the Pacific Branch and National ESA Meetings. The student must be currently pursuing an entomology graduate degree, or have graduated with said degree within the last 12 months prior to the PBESA annual meeting. Recipient will be expected to give a presentation at the annual Pacific Branch meeting. The Pacific Branch Comstock award-winner will receive an all-expenses-paid trip to the ESA National Meeting held the same year as the Pacific Branch meeting; a $100 cash prize; and a certificate. Expenses paid for the national meeting include reimbursed airfare, free hotel arrangements, free meeting registration, and a per diem allowance.
View the list of those who have previously received this award.
Nominations must include:
1. A photo-ready digital image for use in the branch meeting program
2. Name and address
3. Academic record, including transcripts
4. Academic activities
5. Student activities (non-academic)
6. Participation in professional activities
7. Publications and paper presentations
8. Letter of nomination and one additional endorsement letter from another entomologist who has more than a casual knowledge of the student's qualities
Submit the award nomination packet through the Pacific Branch Award Nomination Website.
Only PDF files will be accepted. Supporting image files should be embedded into the document, and should be of sufficient resolution for easy viewing. All nomination packets are limited to a maximum of 20 pages. (Any reprints are not included in the 20 page limit.)
- Quality of academic record (20 pts)
- Extent and quality of academic activities in entomology and related fields (20 pts)
- Extent and quality of student activities (non-academic) (20 pts)
- Participation in professional activities (e.g., conferences, committees, etc.) (20 pts)
- Extent and quality of publications and paper presentations (20 pts)
Nomination packages must be received by the ESA Awards Administrator via the Pacific Branch Nomination Website by Monday February 6, 2017 at 12:00 Midnight. This deadline refers to receipt by the Awards Administrator of a complete package in a readable format. In addition, a notification of intent to nominate is requested by Monday December 19, 2016 via email to email@example.com.
Any questions regarding the award or nomination process please email Chuck Burks or contact at (559)596-2757.