Pacific Branch Student Travel Awards
The Pacific Branch of the Entomological Society of America is offering a limited number of travel awards to student members attending this year’s PBESA meeting. These grants will provide up to $500 to help offset travel and attendance costs. Students and/or their advisor are responsible for all remaining costs incurred to attend the meeting.
This travel grant program is intended to encourage student involvement in the PBESA annual meeting while they are in the early stage of their career. Therefore, preference will be given to students attending the PBESA meeting for the first time. Application details are listed below.
Travel awards are open to undergraduates too!
- Applicant must be a graduate (or undergraduate) student in good standing from an accredited institution within the Pacific Branch with an interest in entomology or a related field and a desire to become a contributing member of the PBESA.
- Applicant must have written support from a faculty member at their current university.
- Award recipients may be asked to work at the meeting in a designated area for part of the meeting. Work responsibilities may include assisting with session operations, supporting the registration desk, poster session set-up or teardown, or other related duties involved in the operations of the PBESA meeting.
- Award recipients will be required to submit original receipts for reimbursement after the meeting.
- Students are encouraged to stay and share a room in the conference-approved hotel.
- Awards will be granted based on combination of merit, need, and availability of funding.
- Download and complete the application form.
- Submit the application form through the PBESA Awards Submission Site along with the letter of support from supporting faculty member.
Only the following file formats will be accepted: PDF (Adobe Portable Document Format), RTF (Rich Text Format), TIF graphic files, or JPG graphic files. Files created on either PC or MAC platforms will be accepted. Please make sure scanned images can be clearly read on a computer screen.
Nomination packages must be received through the PBESA Awards Submission Site by February 8, 2017.
Any questions regarding the application process please contact Dr. Michael Bush