C. W. Woodworth Award
This award recognizes an individual Pacific Branch ESA member for outstanding accomplishments in entomology over at least the past 10 years. Active participation in the Pacific Branch is considered. Individual Pacific Branch members, industry representatives, departments, and other extension and research units are encouraged to submit nominations.
View the list of those who have previously received this award.
Nominees must be an ESA member of the Pacific Branch.
- A photo-ready digital image for use in the branch meeting program
- Biographical sketch of the nominee
- Specific identification of the accomplishments on which the nomination is based
- An evaluation and appraisal of the nominee's accomplishments, particularly the work to be recognized for the award
- List of publications
- Up to three reprints may be included which exemplify the work on which the nomination is based (Can be a separate file from the nomination packet. Reprints are not included in the 20-page limit.)
- Up to three support letters. These should be concise and provide a factual analysis of the nominee's accomplishments.
- Participation in the Pacific Branch ESA will be considered, such as meeting attendance, committee service, offices held, encouragement of student involvement in the branch, and other relevant activities.
Submit the award nomination packet through the Pacific Branch Award Nomination Website.
Only PDF files will be accepted.Supporting image files should be embedded into the document, and should be of sufficient resolution for easy viewing. All nomination packets are limited to a maximum of 20 pages. (Any reprints are not included in the 20 page limit.)
Evaluation criteria guidelines (points):
- Extent and quality of accomplishments in entomology research, Extension, teaching, and/or industry (quality and number of papers, students mentored, presentations, courses taught, contributions to product development, etc. (50 pts)
- Extent and quality of work within the Pacific Branch region (20 pts)
- Extent and quality of impacts of work on students, stakeholders, colleagues, and others (20 pts)
- Extent and quality of participation in PBESA such as meeting attendance, committee service, offices held, encouragement of student involvement in branch, etc. (10 pts)
Nomination packages must be received by the ESA Awards Administrator via the Pacific Branch Nomination Website by Monday February 6, 2017 at 12:00 Midnight. This deadline refers to receipt by the Awards Administrator of a complete package in a readable format. In addition, a notification of intent to nominate is requested by Monday December 19, 2016 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any questions regarding the award or nomination process please email Chuck Burks or contact at (559)596-2757.