Integrated Tick Management Symposium: Solving America’s Tick-Borne Disease Problem
Integrated Tick Management Symposium:
Solving America’s Tick-Borne Disease Problem
May 16-17, 2016
More than 150 attendees joined the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Entomological Society of America, the IPM Institute of North America and the North Central IPM Center in Washington, DC for the Integrated Tick Management Symposium: Solving America’s Tick-Borne Disease Problem. Click here to view the full presentations.
- Current status of the tick and tick-borne disease (TBD) problem and current practices for Integrated Tick Management.
- The connection between Integrated Tick Management, reducing tick populations and disease transmission.
- Identify knowledge gaps and prioritize needs.
- Identify existing and potentially impactful approaches, collaborations, and level of investment required to significantly reduce the burden of illness and public health impact of ticks and TBDs.
- Summarize findings for informing various constituencies including government at all levels, funding agencies, the media, and the public about the impact of TBDs and possible solutions.
Thank you to the sponsors of the event
SIlver Level - North Central IPM Center
Bronze Level - Evolva, Mainely Ticks, Tick Box Technology Corporation, US Biologic