Integrated Tick Management Symposium: Solving America’s Tick-Borne Disease Problem
Integrated Tick Management Symposium:
Solving America’s Tick-Borne Disease Problem
May 16-17, 2016
Plan to join the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Entomological Society of America, the IPM Institute of North America and the North Central IPM Center in Washington, DC for the Integrated Tick Management Symposium: Solving America’s Tick-Borne Disease Problem.
The symposium will address the below areas. To view the agenda, click here.
- Current status of the tick and tick-borne disease (TBD) problem and current practices for Integrated Tick Management.
- The connection between Integrated Tick Management, reducing tick populations and disease transmission.
- Identify knowledge gaps and prioritize needs.
- Identify existing and potentially impactful approaches, collaborations, and level of investment required to significantly reduce the burden of illness and public health impact of ticks and TBDs.
- Summarize findings for informing various constituencies including government at all levels, funding agencies, the media, and the public about the impact of TBDs and possible solutions.
- An optional visit to Capitol Hill to educate policymakers coordinated by the Entomological Society of America.
Westin Washington, D.C. City Center
1400 M Street Northwest
Washington, DC 20005
The following registration rates will apply:
Industry Representative $500.00
Academic Representative/General Public $ 95.00
Student Representative $ 25.00
Submit a poster for the Symposium. The deadline to submit a poster is April 1, 2016.
The following should be included with poster submissions:
- Presentation Title
- Submitter’s name, contact information and e-mail address
- Species information
- Have all the authors to be listed on the next page seen and agreed to all information contained in the presentation and is all information contained in the presentation available for general dissemination? (Yes/No)
Gold - $10,000 - Includes: Exclusive top level marketing opportunity for one sponsor, premium marketing exposure, two conference registrations and a premium exhibit space.
Silver - $5,000 -Includes: Premium exhibit space, web and program book exposure, full signage marketing and one conference registration.
Bronze - $1,000 - Includes exhibit space and organization listing in web, signage and program book.
Please contact Chloe Nelson, firstname.lastname@example.org or 608 232-1410 for more information on sponsorship and exhibit opportunities!
Current Industry sponsors include the IPM Centers, Mainely Ticks and Tick Box Technology Corporation.