ESA Position Statements
The profession of entomology is increasingly important to the welfare and progress of human society. Professional entomologists have the position and authority to render effective service to humanity, in keeping with high standards of ethical conduct. To advance and maintain the honor and dignity of the profession, the Entomological Society of America has authored and established positions on a wide range of subjects:
Click through to read the ESA Position Statement on:
- Insecticide Resistance Management (June 29, 2016)
- Insecticide Resistance Management in Genetically-modified Crops (June 29, 2016)
- Invasive Species (April 21, 2016)
- Entomological Collections (January 11, 2016)
- Tick-borne Diseases (July 29, 2015)
- Pollinator Health (July 24, 2015)
The Society also has several legacy statements that are in the process of being updated.
- Endangered Species (Updated 2002). This statement is currently being updated.
- Integrated Pest Management in Schools (2001)
- Insects and Biodiversity (2000)
- Microbial Insecticides (2000)
Retired ESA position statements that are no longer active may be found here.