The Annual Meeting Internship Program (formerly called the Volunteer Program) offers student, student transition, and early career professional members the opportunity to be a part of the Annual Meeting, where they can gain exposure for their work, network with colleagues and friends, and expand their careers. Students, student transition, and early-career professional members who serve as interns and work a minimum of 6 hours at the Annual Meeting are eligible for $150 USD reimbursement of their registration fee* after the meeting.
Benefits: $150 USD of your early-bird registration fee is reimbursed after the meeting. This program provides you with an excellent opportunity to become more involved with the Society and to network with a major cross-section of professionals attending the Annual Meeting.
*ESA will reimburse up to $150 USD towards the registration fee if all criteria and deadlines are met, and the intern provides a minimum of 6 hours of work.
All interns will be selected on a lottery system.
- An email will be sent out to all registered (and paid) students, student transition, and early professionals on September 14.
- If you meet all of the requirements listed below, individuals will enter into a pool of interns by filling out an online form. The internship form will remain open until September 21, 11:59 PM (EST).
- Once the form closes, ESA will randomly select interns (on a lottery system) and will contact those individuals by September 25 directly with access to the internship schedule so they are able to schedule their hours.
- Interns will have one week to fill out their schedules. If the intern does not have 6 hours scheduled by October 1, 11:59 PM EST, they will be removed from the schedule and someone else will be selected in their place.
- You must be registered in full for the Annual Meeting with a paid student, student transition, or early professional member registration by the advance rate deadline of September 11, 2023.
- You must be able to attend one of the below 30-minute training sessions prior to your first session of internship. Failure to attend one of the below sessions will disqualify you from being eligible to intern in future years.
Saturday, November 4, 2023 at 5:00 pm
Sunday, November 5, 2023 at 12:30 pm
- You must be able to complete 6 hours of your time.
- Interns are expected to show up on time and work their full shifts.
September 14 – The call for interns and the sign-up form will be sent via email to all registered (and paid) student, student transition, and early professional members.
September 21 – The online form to be entered into the pool of candidates closes September 21, 11:59 PM EST.
September 25 – An email will be sent to the randomly selected individuals with the link to the schedule. Interns will have one week to select their internship positions.
October 1 – Anyone who does not have 6 hours scheduled will be removed from the system.
For any questions on the internship program contact Danielle Tempesta.