Each year during the Annual Meeting, students are offered the opportunity to present their research. Explore the opportunities below.
Student Competition For the Presidents Prize
Each year during the Annual Meeting, students are offered the opportunity to present their research and win valuable prizes. There are several components to the competition: 10-minute Papers (oral), Posters, and Infographics.
NEW FOR 2023: The rubrics have been amended to be inclusive of education, outreach, and teaching presentations. The Student Competition Co-Chairs will do their best to group presentations on these subjects into sessions together, although a perfect fit is not always possible.
When submitting presentations to the Student Competition, students become eligible to compete for prizes, including:
- First Place - One-year free 2024 membership in ESA, a $75 USD cash prize, and a certificate
- Second Place - One-year free 2024 membership in ESA and a certificate
For additional information, including judging rubrics, please select from the following:
- Information for 10-minute Paper Competitors
- Information for Poster Competitors
- Information for Infographic Competitors
- View the List of Previous Winners
Note: Students are eligible for the competition for 12 months after the month of graduation, with current ESA student or student transition membership.
Student Non-Competition (New in 2023)
Gain the experience of presenting without the pressure of the student competition. Students will be grouped together and will present during a non-competition student symposia.