The profession of entomology is increasingly important to the welfare and progress of human society. Professional entomologists have the position and authority to render effective service to humanity, in keeping with high standards of ethical conduct. To advance and maintain the honor and dignity of the profession, the Entomological Society of America has authored and established positions on a wide range of subjects. After first publishing here on the ESA website, position statements will publish in the ESA journal Annals of the Entomological Society of America. They remain valid policy of the Entomological Society of America for four years after their initial publishing date unless renewed or retired by the ESA Governing Board.
Click through to read the ESA Position Statements on the following topics:
- Arthropod Biodiversity (October 30, 2021)
- Endangered Insect Species (October 30, 2021)
- Invasive Species (November 12, 2020)
- Integrated Pest Management (September 10, 2020).
- Insecticide Resistance Management (July 30, 2020).
- Insect Resistance Management in Genetically Modified Crops (June 29, 2020).
- Entomological Collections (December 9, 2019).
- Pollinator Health (October 15, 2019).
- Importance of Gene Drive Research (September 12, 2019).
- Tick-borne Diseases (revised June 27, 2019).
- Global Climate Change (January 25, 2019). Published in Annals on February 15, 2019.
ESA members may submit comments on any position statement up until approximately five months prior to the statement's expiration that may help to influence a future rewrite of the statement.