The P-IE Section has adopted field tours and other immersive experiences as a means to engage stakeholders, educate our members (and others) about issues of importance to the Section, and raise the profile of issues we care about. An oversight committee guides and assists the organizers of field tours. Current and previous field tours include:
- 2022 (May 8-10) P-IE Science Policy Field Tour: ‘Biological Control in Agroecosystems’ (Washington)
- 2019 (Aug 6-7) Pest Resistance Management Tour (Iowa and Nebraska).
- 2018 (Aug 13-15) Pollinator (North Dakota)
- 2018 (Aug 20-22) Invasive Species (Pennsylvania)
- 2017 (Aug 22-24) Pollinator (Mississippi)
The P-IE Section Governing Council has developed the following resources to help guide the development of policy-focused tours. The resources are designed to be adapted and used by any of the ESA Sections. Please right-click the links below and choose "save file as" to download the files.