This award recognizes a Southwestern Branch member who has made outstanding contributions to extension entomology. The winner of this award will be recognized at the Southwestern Branch Meeting and will be submitted to the ESA Distinguished Achievement Award in Extension as the Branch nominee for the same year.
The nominee must be a current Southwestern Branch member and must have demonstrated excellent performance through program creativity, impact, achievement, and delivery.
Nomination packages for this award must include:
- CV-Related Items: Nominators must provide a CV which includes the below sections. View the full listing of what should be included in each of the following sections.
- Section 1 - Background Information
- Section 4 - Extension/ Outreach
- Section 5 - Service
- Other Items:
- Letter of nomination that provides a brief explanation of how the individual excelled in performing his/her duties, including innovations in training, programs, and methods
- Up to three letters of endorsement from professional colleagues and clientele
- Photograph of the nominee (as a digital image file [JPG]) as well as a short bio for the program
Nominees will be judged using the following criteria for a total of 100 points:
- Professional Background (60 points total)
- Leadership and participation in professional activities (10)
- Honors, awards, achievements, and recognition (7)
- Special assignments and committee activities (10)
- Service outside of extension, including community activities (7)
- Grantsmanship (8)
- Recommendation of colleagues, peer groups, etc. (8)
- Publications (10)
- Program Management (40 points total)
- Creativity and innovation of program's concept (8)
- Development, educational strategy (8)
- Implementation, including publications (8)
- Diversity of program's delivery (8)
- Evidence of program's impact (8)
View the list of those who have previously received this award.
Nomination packages must be submitted online via the award nomination website by Monday January 15 (11:59 PM EST). This deadline refers to receipt by the Awards Administrator of a complete package in a readable format.